Still have funky smelling armpits even after you’ve put on deodorant?
Surprisingly, there are a number of factors that can contribute to body odour, one of which is how our bodies handle pH imbalances!
If your underarm pH level has actually changed over time, it may also change the way that your body produces sweat and therefore odour. Even our award winning natural deodorant, which works with your pH levels to keep stink at bay, will have trouble interacting with your body and keeping you smelling fresh.
So why is your pH balance off? There are a lot of reasons!
- Hormonal Changes
Fluctuating hormone levels can result in pH imbalance, an example would be during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Daily Stress Started a new job recently? Moved to a bigger city? This can cause stress that causes a pH imbalance, but also introduces your body to a potentially higher polluted environment, which will throw your body off as it tries to compensate for the change.
- Change in Diet, Everyday Products and Introducing New Medications There are some (smelly) foods that affect your pH levels too! These include spicy food (garlic and onions), asparagus, red meat and alcohol.
Inconsistent usage of your everyday body products and also the consumption of some new medications can confuse your body and upset your pH balance.
So what should you do now? The good news is that it’s super easy to restore your pH balance! All you need is apple cider vinegar and to follow the directions below;
- Combine equal parts water and apple cider vinegar (we use a tablespoon of each)
- Apply the mixture once a day in the morning (or nighttime if that’s what you prefer!) and hold your arms up to let it dry completely
- Apply your Hello Natural Co natural deodorant balm as usual
- Continue to apply the mixture for 1-2 weeks to rebalance your pH levels!
We personally recommend this method every three months just to be sure your underarms are in tip-top condition and to use it with our natural deodorant balm for the best results! Take good care of those pits!
Antiperspirants? Thank u, next. The words “all-natural” usually arouse one of two responses. Either it’s the crinkled nose, furrowed brow and the questioning eyes silently asking whether you’re some kind of weird hippie, or there’s the overexcited,...read more
If you’re into skincare, I guarantee you’ve heard about Pink Australian Clay. It has taken the world by storm in recent years and let me tell you - this was a hype-train that I wanted to board. I’d heard the stories, I’d seen the videos on Instagram, I was ready to...read more
Travelling is single-handedly one of the more stressful things any person could experience, whether or not you’re doing it for work, leisure, or with family. And no matter how much experience you have in travelling, it is still stressful! I am not here to tell you I...read more
With Hello Natural Co being a Cruelty-Free brand, it has won the hearts of many people who are looking to transition to products with all-natural ingredients. At some point in the past couple of years, I’m sure you’ve heard a bit of buzz about one product in...read more
Deodorant for Kids in Malaysia Deodorant for Kids Body Odour in Children Body odour in children is quite common once they hit puberty, especially in Malaysia where our climate is always hot & humid! Aside from making the right choice in food selections, such s...read more