Travelling is single-handedly one of the more stressful things any person could experience, whether or not you’re doing it for work, leisure, or with family. And no matter how much experience you have in travelling, it is still stressful!
I am not here to tell you I will solve all of your travel pains, but I am able to provide some tips that I have gathered over the years, through personal experiences or observations while travelling.
As a female who travels quite often for work – short-haul/long-haul, day-trips/week-trips/month-long trips – I always try to plan ahead and visualize what I will be doing day-to-day on my upcoming trip. Now, I say “try” plainly because life happens, and usually, I don’t end up giving myself enough time to properly get things sorted to pack efficiently and effectively.
Now, I will definitely fully acknowledge that I am that person that has tried to read articles, blogs etc., (I’m sure you have too) on how to properly prepare yourself for a trip and to never get that sinking feeling in your stomach the moment you board the plane of “I forgot my face cleanser…” (Yep, I’ve done that a few times), or whatever it is that you absolutely can’t live without. I will also acknowledge that no matter how many articles and blogs I have read over the years, nothing can ever fully prepare you for the unexpected which inevitably will happen sometimes.
With that being said, the one thing I am able to prepare myself for when travelling are certain beauty and health essentials because that routine always remains the same, every day, no matter where I am. You may be wondering why I would prioritize this while travelling, and that is a fair question! Usually, when your suitcase is heavy, the first thing you may sacrifice by removing from your bag would be the heavier items which is, usually, your beauty products. Trust me, I’ve done it too – but what I have come to learn is…don’t do it.
Here to spare you from learning the hard way like I did, I will briefly touch on some absolute essentials that I feel everyone should have no matter the type of trip you are about to go on – work, leisure, long-haul, short-haul, day-trips, long-trips, etc. (I have also shared my “Travel Beauty Essentials” checklist for you to travel essentials).
The ONE absolute thing to remember:
Transport Security Administration (TSA) has very strict liquid rules for carry-on bags.
- Quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams & pastes.
- 4 oz / 100mL PER item. (Anything larger, pack it into your check-in bags)
- PLEASE separate your liquids you have on your carry-on. This really helps to speed up the process when going through the scanners! Don’t be that person that starts to dig around the bottom of your bag and holds up the entire line…
Now that we have that covered, here are my ABSOLUTE essentials on any trips I take, and why I include them on my list:
- Medication (prescriptions, Advil/Tylenol, Gravol, Sleep-Aid, Cold/Flu)
- Face wipes
- Face cleanser (travel-size)
- Toner (travel-size)
- Dry shampoo
- Toothbrush/Toothpaste (travel-size)
- Personal hygiene products
- Lip balm
- Essential oils (Relaxation, Immunity, etc.)
Medications will ALWAYS be packed into my carry-on with me for obvious reasons. Nothing worse than experiencing any symptoms in-flight and not having something that will help to relieve them. Another big reason I keep them with me, is that in the unlikely event that your luggage does not make it to your destination, at least you have your prescription medication with you.
Skincare items, I will at the very least have the necessities with me because I always feel gross after a flight. Sometimes, I may not have time to freshen up before heading to a meeting, so I have to be proactive and do that in-flight or at the airport once I have arrived.
Dry shampoo is a must-have for myself because my hair tends to be on the oilier side. A definite life-saver all the time.
Essential oils are part of my day-to-day essentials because it helps me relax, or when I have a cold, I find it really helps to alleviate those symptoms.
I won’t go too deeply into my check-in beauty essentials, BUT I will have that included in the travel checklist which you can download.
What products and why?
A few key factors play into what skincare & beauty products I like to bring with me when I’m travelling and constantly on the go:
- Convenient & easy to use (no mess)
- Not too heavy
- Product will not break in my bag
With that being said, I want to talk about few really incredible products from Hello Natural Co that have changed the game because, first and foremost, they are made with ALL-NATURAL ingredients, and second, they are carry-on approved! YAY!!!
- It is a powder! No need to worry about the liquid rules when passing through airport security.
- Trust me, we all need to freshen up our hair after a flight because either it has flattened, it got greasy, or you have a major cow’s lick because you fell asleep on it awkwardly…
- Powder product, so once again, it is carry-on approved!
- I mean, this one I think is fairly self-explanatory…don’t be that person that allows your stink to fester in the airplane cabin. People can get a headache from your stench!
- For me, I get hot flashes and cold sweats so this product is a MUST.
- I’m a strong advocate for people wearing deodorant. No matter how much you think you don’t stink, for the sake of everyone in an enclosed airplane, please just put some on!
- This is a balm product, meaning it is carry-on approved!
- A 10mL bottle which makes it carry-on safe, and easy to store!
- An essential because while traveling, you are bound to come into contact with someone who is sick. I use this as a preventative measure! Definitely need all the help you can get especially because traveling to different countries, you encounter different viruses which you may have never been exposed to before!
- Also helps during stressful times while traveling.
All-Natural Powder Face Cleanser (Launching soon!)
- Another powder product which makes it carry-on friendly!
- I really prefer this over the traditional cleanser as it is a more concentrated product, AND if will not spill in my bag!
That essentially sums up why I have product preferences for while I’m travelling. Liquids tend to weigh more, and I really prefer travelling light. I have had awful experiences while travelling, and hopefully, this can help some of you fellow travellers avoid some of these negative experiences!
Let us know what YOUR travel essentials are! It is always great to share ideas with the community and hear some success (or disaster) travel stories!
Shampoo Bars - Absolutely Everything You Need to Know! Although shampoo bars seem to be a recent trend in our current day and age, bars of soap and shampoo alike were actually a popular choice back in the early 1900s! Bottled shampoo, conditioner and soap all rose to...
Hair tonic. You've heard the words. But is this kinda thing just a load of rubbish or does it actually really work in boosting the growth of your hair? We here at Hello Natural Co want you to be confident in yourself and we know that hair can be a huge part of feeling...
Sometimes the best additions to your skincare regime are the ones that sound the scariest!The words "face serum" or "facial oil" tend to strike fear into the hearts of many - especially those that already class their skin as oily - because who really wants to add more...
This post was written by Emily Fielder, a skin care enthusiast who decided to put Hello Natural Co's skin care to the test. She calls this "The All-Natural Experiment" We've all heard the hype. Natural skincare seems to be all the rage these days, with multiple brands...
Antiperspirants? Thank u, next. The words “all-natural” usually arouse one of two responses. Either it’s the crinkled nose, furrowed brow and the questioning eyes silently asking whether you’re some kind of weird hippie, or there’s the overexcited,...
If you’re into skincare, I guarantee you’ve heard about Pink Australian Clay. It has taken the world by storm in recent years and let me tell you - this was a hype-train that I wanted to board. I’d heard the stories, I’d seen the videos on Instagram, I was ready to...
Still have funky smelling armpits even after you’ve put on deodorant? Surprisingly, there are a number of factors that can contribute to body odour, one of which is how our bodies handle pH imbalances!If your underarm pH level has actually changed over time, it may...
With Hello Natural Co being a Cruelty-Free brand, it has won the hearts of many people who are looking to transition to products with all-natural ingredients. At some point in the past couple of years, I’m sure you’ve heard a bit of buzz about one product in...
Deodorant for Kids in Malaysia Deodorant for Kids Body Odour in Children Body odour in children is quite common once they hit puberty, especially in Malaysia where our climate is always hot & humid! Aside from making the right choice in food selections, such s...